Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Less is More

I love the confidence that makeup gives me. ~Tyra Banks

I’m going to preface this post by confessing to you that I am a girly girl. I love fruity smelling Nollie PacSun perfume, my Dior bronzer so I have some color even in December, and shimmery purple MAC eye shadow that gives my green peepers a pop. I also never leave my apartment without at least mascara on (my roommates will testify to that!).

Because I’m the type of girl who could get lost in Sephora for hours on end and be perfectly content, I would be lying to you if I told you I didn’t wear any make up on this trip. Because of space and lack of a sink to wash my face nightly, I kept the make up to a minimum.

You won’t have time every morning before you begin hiking to get glammed up like you would for a big date, so save yourself the packing space and temptation and pick five must-have cosmetic items.

My five must-have items on Kilimanjaro were my beloved $6 Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express waterproof mascara, MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Tealo, Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil, and two Victoria’s Secret eye shadows in Champagne and Provocateur. All of these products are great because they’re small, mess-free, and can easily be cleaned off by facial cleansing towelettes.

Don’t forget an eyelash curler so that your lashes look lovely in all your pictures. Lastly, skip the pre-hike pedicure and manicure because it will last about as long as your 8th grade relationship. Save the mani-pedi combo for when you return from your Kilimanjaro adventure and your tootsies really need some TLC!

Follow these tips to stay glamorous while trekking Kilimanjaro, hiking and camping, lounging on the beach, or traveling in general!

Where are you girls going for spring break? What would be your five must-have items?

Must have Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara-I don't leave home without it
MAC Power Point Eye Pencil in Tealo makes my green eyes shine

Victoria's Secret Eye Shadow Compact

Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil will brighten under eye circles

An eye lash curler is essential to giving lashes length
 

No comments:

Post a Comment